Saturday, July 07, 2007

I am fourth in the line of command on the Starship Enterprise. The ship has just allowed another in distress to dock and its crew come aboard. We soon realize they are Frenchmen afflicted with a cannibal-like condition. The Enterprise crew scatters as the French begin biting and howling -- Bones McCoy locks himself in the lab to attempt an antidote while Spock alerts the main deck, immediately quarantining the lower levels. As the French crew begin infecting everyone, I am left in charge of the chaos and receive a bite on the forearm.

Feeling myself slip into a zombie-like state, I yell 'We have 24 hours before the virus takes permanent hold! Try and keep composure while Doc works on a remedy. In the meantime, let's hit the supermarket!' All the zombies run toward the market, which is remarkably large and not unlike a massive Wal-Mart.

I find Elisa, who has the beehive hair and body of communications officer Aurora/Amy Winehouse, tearing apart a steak in the meat section. As I put my hand on the back of her neck, the neck turns into a set of teeth and bites down on me. 'Stop,' I yell, 'we have 24 hours and I'm going to need my hand!' Other zombies are ripping apart packages of chicken and beef. In one section, massive bags of potato chips are being shred and devoured.

The song 'Thriller' starts loudly over the intercom and Elisa stops eating and starts the 'Thriller' dance. Others fall in line and begin to do it along side her in tandem. Suddenly everyone has large tails and fangs, dancing to Michael Jackson. I look down and notice my Star Trek uniform is now in the colors of the French flag and realize my transformation to a full-on French zombie is almost complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home